Head of Communications and External Relations – Part Time 70 – 80 %
The Centre for Civil and Political Rights (CCPR) is a non-governmental organisation with a small team based in Geneva (Switzerland) and focal points in different regions of the world. The ultimate objective of CCPR is the full implementation and respect worldwide of all human rights proclaimed in the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR), which has now been ratified by 167 States.
To this end, CCPR aims to strengthen the role of NGOs at all stages of the State reporting process, which requires States Parties to submit, on a regular basis, reports to the Human Rights Committee (HR Committee) on the measures taken to comply with the obligations enshrined in the ICCPR.
Reporting to the Director, the Head of Communications and External Relations will be responsible for the following duties:
- Prepare, recommend, promote and implement communications and fundraising activities in line with CCPR’s objectives;
- Increase CCPR’s profile within the donor community, representing the organisation at meetings with donors;
- Ensure that all programmes are managed within the planned time frame and approved budget;
- Draft mid-term and final reports to donors within the planned time-frame;
- Defines and develop the strategic plan of action and other related documents.
- Develop and implement a communication strategy for CCPR’s activities;
- Ensure full coherence and alignment of CCPR’s regional focal points in implementing the communication strategy;
- Oversee the design and editorial content of the website, ensuring that contents are regularly updated and promoted;
- Organise, coordinate and participate in follow-up visits with members of the HR Committee
General administrative tasks as required.
- Minimum of five years’ relevant experience with a proven track record in fundraising and communication;
- A thorough and demonstrable knowledge of a range of fundraising techniques, including foundations and trusts, government agencies and major donor development;
- Ability to undertake financial planning, budgetary control and risk management;
- Experience in working with the UN human rights system;
- Advocacy experience, including as part of NGO coalitions;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English and Spanish or French;
- Good time management and organizational skills;
- Ability to work as part of a small and decentralised team;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and work independently;
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently abroad;
Due to Swiss restrictive immigration rules, candidates must be in possession of a Swiss work permit.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to apply:
Please send a copy of your CV, with two references, and a cover letter to email@example.com before the 5th December 2013.